Friday, April 29, 2011

Sadness

It's with great sadness that I tell you that we've lost our baby. We went in for our first prenatal visit, and the doctor wanted to do a routine ultrasound to make sure everything was okay.

To our dismay, there was no heartbeat. I was 9 weeks pregnant but the baby only measured 6w5d. Our hearts were once again crushed by the loss of a child. There our precious little baby was, we could see it in the sac surrounded by amniotic fluid, but the heart was still.

Each time we face something so challenging, it causes us to cling to God even more. In our times of confusion and pain, if we reach out to Him, our faith grows!

I have no idea why our baby died, but I trust God in ALL things. And I'm trying to be thankful for ALL THINGS. A friend introduced a book to me that's impacting my life greatly "A Thousand Gifts". This is an amazing book that talks about how to bring joy into our everyday mundane, lives. Some people don't live mundane lives, but most of us housewives/stay at home moms are living very mundane lives. If you're not naturally geared to be happy and upbeat you can get very bored and discouraged easily.......that would be me. But this book brings things into great perspective and is helping me to see God and good in ALL things.

A scripture that God gave me the day we found out our baby died was in Psalms 118:13
"I was pushed hard so that I almost fell, but the Lord God was there for me" That's a powerful scripture and it describes exactly how I felt and do feel. Actually all of Psalms 118 and Psalms 20 were both tremendous encouragements to me.

I thank God for His word! It brings life.

What are some of your struggles and how did God meet you?

I would love to hear from you.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh Garsees, my heart goes out to you. But I know you will "cling to the rock that is higher than I."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 AM

    I can only imagine how tough that must be. We may not always understand why things happen but we can cling to the fact that He is always loving, always merciful, and always good. I love you, sista. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete