Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Letting the cat out of the bag

Hi! Merry Christmas! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. We did. Thailand Christmas' are always interesting and never the same. You have to create the mood you want to have with your family because all around you everyone is carrying on as if nothing special were about to happen.

Oh wait! I'm supposed to be letting a cat out of the bag...not be talking about our Christmas. hehehe but I guess in a way it's all related.

We haven't let the news out yet, but I wanted to let it out for you first. I don't really know how many blog readers I have but if you're still reading my blog you must be pretty faithful cause I'm not too good at keeping it up.

Anyway....there I go again. I'm pregnant!!! I'm 10weeks in a few days. I haven't gone to the doctor yet and don't plan on going until around 13 or 14 weeks. All of my other pregnancies were so governed by fear, and anxiousness that we've decided to trust God on this one. I don't want to run to the hospital and get an ultrasound to "confirm" my pregnancy.

I'm VERY pregnant! No one can sleep like a pregnant woman. I'm taking two hour naps and going to be around 10:30pm and waking around 8:30am! I'm also extremely nauseous!! I've never been this nauseous with any other pregnancy. This too is a good sign for someone who's had several miscarriages. All of my symptoms help my heart to be at ease that all is well.

The baby's due on Clinton's birthday, July 28th. And for all the curious minds... this ones our last. I turned 40 this year and my old body just aint what it used to be!!! ; )
If it's a girl we'll be happy but if it's not we're totally fine with that. Actually after having all these boys i can't really imagine having a girl. Daddy's still holding out though.

So back to Christmas. Christmas Eve, we took the family to eat Japanese food! The baby was craving wasabi. Yes, I know, folks, we've been in Asia waaaay too long. But none the less. That's what we had and it was wonderful. We ate and ate until our hearts were content. Colton and his wife joined us which made it all the more cozy.

We all went back to our house to watch Home Alone. Don't' ask me?!? I think it was Colton's idea. So glad it was late and I made Joe and Cayden go to be because that movie is filled with stinky attitudes.

The next morning, we did Skype with Chase and Nonnie as we opened our presents. It's been so hard Chase being gone but am so thankful for technology!

So then came the preparation of the wonderful Christmas meal, right?!? WRONG. I had planned it all out the day before and even did all the shopping for it. Colton requested Mexican. So the menu was quesadillas, hot sauce, tacos, and cheese dip.

BUT, my pregnant body wasn't cooperating with the plan. I kept talking to myself all day and trying to get myself excited about making the sacred dinner, but it just wasn't working. Suddenly, at 1:45 the pregnant sleepy hit (that i can only compare to jet lag) and there's not escaping it. I woke from my nap at around 3:45 still not excited about making Christmas dinner.

Finally, at around 5pm I timidly asked, "Colton, would you be terribly disappointed if we didn't have a traditional Christmas dinner and ordered pizza instead?" He was like, "No, not at all. Pizza sounds good to me. His wife was really excited that she didn't have to eat Mexican as was Bank. " So pizza it was!! At 7:30pm our pizza and hot wings arrived, and we enjoyed one another's company without all the fuss of making a Christmas dinner.

We ended the evening watching White Christmas, which has become a family tradition. Heck, at least we still have some family traditions! ; )

Here's a few pictures into our home.

This is our advent pockets we made when Clinton's mom was here last year.

Winter painting my amazingly talented husband painted.

Our sweet tree

Hark the herald angles sing, Glory to the new born King


How was your Christmas? I'd love to hear some of the things you and your family do.

Love,
Amber

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chase knew he wasn't supposed to say anything, but you know him ;), he told John and I weeks ago! haha I'm so happy for you guys! And are you kidding?! You're forty young! My mom is going to be forty-three in February :) Just teasin'. I love you, Amber! So glad ya'll had a wonderful Christmas. I still cannot believe that Clint did that painting. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Praying this pregnancy is full of joy and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Amber! I pray you have a wonderful pregnancy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, thank you so much for your love and encouragement! That's why I shared it with you, i knew you'd all be supportive!

    love
    Amber

    ReplyDelete