Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To our dear friends, It is with great sorrow that I write you this email. As you all know, Amber is14 weeks pregnant. A week after arriving in Thailand we made her first prenatal visit. The doctor said even though Amber had had several ultrasounds, she would like to do one for her own records. This took place last Friday. We were shocked and bewildered to find that there was no heart beat and that they baby hadn't grown in 6 days. By looking at the ultrasound, the day that the baby's heart stopped beating was the day that we landed in Thailand. There is no explanation for this other than it was the will of God. Amber's uterus is healthy, her placenta is healthy and the baby looks healthy. She's had no bleeding, spotting, or cramping, and her cervix isn't dilated at all. Medical terminology calls it a "miss miscarriage" in that you never even know that it happens without getting an ultrasound. One of the causes could be chromosomal abnormalities along with a few other things. The doctor couldn't really give us a good answer. We stood in prayer and fasting for the last three days that God would give life back to the child. Upon doing another ultrasound today the baby still has no heartbeat and there has been no growth. We are choosing to let nature take it's course as opposed to doing a DNC. However, the doctor said that this would be quite painful because Amber is so far along. I'm still trusting God for a miracle. Until the last minute I will believe God to do the impossible. But I ask you to pray for my wife. She is hurting and very confused and feels that God has forsaken her. Her faith is very low. We covet your prayers during this time. Clinton and family

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 AM

    I am so sorry for your loss. Jesus will comfort you no matter.
    My mother lost her child 11 months ago to a miscarriage...it hurt us all terribly. We loved him so much. But it came together...God did not forsake us, neither has He you. Don't lose faith, God is perfect in all His ways. It stabs your heart to think of it I know, but you'll get through it...the Lord makes His people strong. Don' give up...you have beautiful family, Garsees. I'll be praying!
    -Your friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I am praying for life to be brought back into your womb!!! Please know that you are not alone in this and that we are standing with you and your family. Be encouraged in the Lord. I pray that His peace that passes all understanding, that passes anything that our minds can conceive, would overtake you. I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:35 AM

    I'm so sorry! I am praying the Lord to bring life and healing back to this precious life. May the Lord comfort you and bless your whole family in this time.
    Love In Christ,
    Ruth Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:48 PM

    Garsees,

    I love you forever.... I'm praying for you.
    I wish I was there to wrap my arms around you. My heart is broken for you, but I'm praying that the Lord will do a miracle. I LOVE YOU, we're only a phone call away

    Alysa (v.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:17 PM

    I am SO sorry... I will be praying for you all. Dont lose Faith.
    God Bless,
    @sh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:00 AM

    I just read a sign that said,
    "Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal."

    My heart breaks for you!

    Know that you are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. In situations like these, there is nothing good to say other than "I am sorry." Please know that John and I are praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Clint and Amber,

    I am so sorry for what you are going through, the loss of your baby. I know how much it meant for you to get pregnant and have another baby. I love you both so much and pray for God to comfort you. I would mainly say it's okay to feel whatever you are feeling. I will be praying. Love, Londa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no words but we love you...

    ReplyDelete