Friday, September 23, 2011

Letting go

As many of you know, life with teenagers tends to be on the exciting side. They're always on the go. There's always a new mission, a new quest, or something new on their horizon.

Our Chase Tanner, is heading out again. This time he's going to Mexico. We're not quite sure how long he'll be there, but we're believing that God's going to do great things while he's there. He'll be spending time with our good friends the Pruetts and the Pricers. He's going for the purpose of doing an internship. If you would have asked me several weeks ago what I thought Chase would be doing with his life in the further, I can assure you Mexico would have never been on my list.

As a mother it's always a bit scary when your children leave the nest. You never know what to expect. Uncertainty feels so thick. Sometimes I can feel choked by it. As I write this post I'm quite emotional and have tears flowing down my face. Why is the unknown so scary?

My prayer is that with the same degree God protected him last time, he'll protect him again. With the same love He kept him, He'll keep him again.

Oh Father, my prayer is that you be with him and guide him. Lead him and protect him. Love him and hover over him. Cover him and hold him.

2 comments:

  1. Amber! Praying for you, girl! You have such a sweet, tender heart and I am confident that although it is painful, that God will fill you up again and replace tears with a smile. Who knows what's down the road for him? Can't wait to see his sad momma turn to be the momma filled with joy and pride over the life of her sons. What a rich inheritance you guys are building. Love you to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine my own parents felt very similarly when they allowed me to come be with you and the others. I am confident the same grace our Lord gave to them, He will also give to you :)

    ReplyDelete