Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Our School Room 2014

Well, I'm finally getting some pictures of our school room up. 

We've had a team from IHOP here worshipping and praying with us. It's been a busy, but very rewarding five days! 

Okay, so I'm standing at the door that enters the school room from the living room.

There are actually two doors that you can enter. There's another one on the right.



This door enters from Clinton's office/church office



I'm still using the calendar from Sparkle Box and we really love it. It's super easy to use and with the velcro you can use it over and over again each year.

My little shelf is from Ikea. It was super cheap. I think around $5. I love it.

Cayden loves to have new books displayed every week. He loves for me to read to him. This week we're reading about colors.

It's super hard for me to get him to do any school at all, but he still likes to read.  So I try to encourage it as much as possible.



Here's my sweet boy who loves to learn and loves to read! He has trouble keeping quiet and still but if I reward him with something sweet I can usually keep him on track.



I didn't realize how disorganized this looked until i saw the picture of it. lol



So this picture is really funny. If you remember, I told you that Cayden stopped being interested in his   Animal ABC's when we got to Jj Jellyfish.

He wanted to make sure I understood that he was DONE with this so he scribbled all over the card.... :(
I thought we were having so much fun?!?


This is a good view from the other door. You can see our windows. I thank God for these windows! It really keeps things nice and fresh. Having the sun shine in is so nice.

You'll notice the air con right above the window. This is our saving grace! There would be NO way we could survive in the heat without it. It's so hot that we have to run the air and the fan in order to stay cool. The coolest the air will get in the hot season is 78 F. But we're not complaining!!

You can also see the drawer caddy right behind Joseph. This system changed the way we homeschool. I was always forgetting to do some of his school. I know, it may sound weird but I get distracted very easily... i may have a bit of ADD.

And at the end of the day, I would be like, "OH, NO! we forgot to do......"

Having 10 drawer metal rolling cart with the numbers that we simply move over when the work is complete helps me stay on track. Even if we take a break in the day, I can always come right back and know what else needs to be done. GENIUS!




I also have 2 of the Ikea  Trofast Storage Systems. I loove them! You can do so much with them. I used to have them labeled but the labels fell off and I haven't made new ones.

I store my phonics cards, calendar time cards, different manipulatives,  puzzles, spare folders, card stock, art supplies and more in these drawers! They're wonderful!!

If you don't have any you must purchase them as soon as possible. I promise you your life will never be the same!


I didn't get a picture of behind my black chair, but it's the white board and my craft table. I'll try to get one next time.

I hope you enjoyed a tour of our International School room all the way in Thailand.

I bet it looks similar to yours.

Love you!
Amber

2 comments:

  1. I can see why it would be so hard to leave behind, it is wonderful! Bright, cheerful, and organized! Love all the Ikea stuff! Wish we had one closer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! Our IKEA is in Bkk which is 12 hours away but when we were there i bought some things and brought them back. Love the Trofast shelves!!

      Delete