Thursday, February 20, 2014

What's Been Going On This last year??

In December 2008, God moved us from a tiny 900 sq. ft. house to this house! It was a blessing from God in a time of great pain and sorrow. I wrote a post about what was going on in my life back in 2009, you can read it here I had just had a miscarriage and felt like I was in a fish bowl. After taking in several street children, the small house was caving in on me. God was so good to give it to us for just the right amount of time.

The Big House
I brought home two babies in this house, saw a son married in this house, finalized an adoption in this house, and sent a son off to college in this house. I have very fond memories and am so grateful to God for letting us stay there as long as He did.


But when you feel the cloud moving, you must go with it. Mid summer, Clinton began to feel the stirring to go back to Ban Pru, where we have our church plant.

We have a huge building (that's like a townhouse) were we have church and the upstairs wasn't being used at all.

When he first presented it to me, I was like, "Are you kidding? No way! We could never live in the upstairs of the church!! We would never have any privacy!!"

But the more I thought and prayed about it, I really felt that I was to honor him and what he was feeling and move if that's what he thought we should do. He wasn't going to push me, so the decision was really up to me.

It was going to save us a great deal of money.. the first four and a half years in "the big house" were paid for by a loving supporter, but this last year we were having to pay for it ourselves and it was a struggle. Although the rent was only $400 a month it was still more than we were used to.

Also, Clinton's heart was to be closer to our disciples and more hands on.

So be began to move.


And move.

And move.

Asian style of course. lol

He refused to get a moving truck. He wanted to save money, but after four days of moving he told me he will never do that again.

But I wouldn't dare say, "I told you so, honey."

So this was what it looked like on the side of our church/house before we moved in. But after finding several snakes Clinton decided that the land must be cleared.


After days and days of clearing and getting a digger like thingy house here, the land was cleared.

You might be wondering, "Where is the grass?" Well, there is none. Yes, you heard me. There is none. 

We live on 30 acres of concrete. This land used to be a rubber factory where they would buy rubber from the rubber farmers, process it, and load it on trucks to be sold. 

But on the bright side, our kids can ride their bikes for days and days and days. 


Here's my kitchen. Well kitchen #1. This is where I prepare the food, and wash the dishes. It's also where we eat. We pull the table out from the wall and put the kids table at the door of the bedroom (there are two bedrooms to the left of this picture) and we can fit all 11 of us. It's a tight squeeze but it works.

Preparing food takes place on that white cupboard on the right. There's about 2 ft of space to work with. It's a good thing I've been in Thailand for 13 years or I might be a little flustered about this kitchen situation.


 This is kitchen #2 and also my laundry area. This is where do the actual cooking and my laundry. It outside on the balcony. I know, you're thinking. Wow! She's so lucky! She gets to cook outside... in the rain, in the heat. Well, not all women can be as lucky as I am.

To left is the rest of the balcony which you can see in the picture below.



 Here's the front of the church in all it's glory. The top window is my living room. The door there goes into the worship area of the church and then up the stairs to my apartment.

We're currently in the process of painting the church, so I'll have those pictures soon.

I have so many more pictures to share with you, but I'll leave you with these for now. Soak it in. Then go to your kitchen, bend down and start kissing the floor, then kiss the counters, then kiss your thermostat on the wall that gives you central air, then... oh well I'l stop there.

Next, I'll share my homeschool room which is glorious and a definite plus to living here. I mean it! It's amazing. It's the nicest homeschool room I've ever had. I can't wait to share pictures with you!

Love you guys!!
Amber~

2 comments:

  1. I love getting a peek into your home and life in Thailand. I love how you are making it work for you and can't wait to see your school room!

    LOL about moving Asian style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Amber! I had zero idea you guys moved. I got kinda teary thinking about all my memories in your other house :'(

    ReplyDelete